This gem was found in the quarry of Las Hoyas, Cuenca. We should speak shortly about that quarry, because there is still a lot to tell about it. It is a Barremian (early Cretaceous) site with an extraordinary fossil Lagerstätte. The preservation of the dinosaur fossils there is exceptional due to a series of convenient factors. It was discovered in the 80s and every summer there are organized Paleontology excavations. The hallmark of the dinosaurs found at Las Hoyas is their morphologic peculiarity, besides their excellent preservation. The name of this dinosaur gives us hints about this morphology: Concavenator corcovatus, "the hunchback...
- A New "Rainbow" Dinosaur
- The little "Joe"
- Jurassic Dreams collaborates in the study of a new species of Small Sized Theropod ("Raptor")
- Basilosaurus: The Giant Snake.
- The Chubut Titan Without a Name
- The Yeti From 1 Million Years Ago
- The Greatest of the Raptors? Dakotaraptor
- A Terretrial Crocodile with a Lethal Smile
- The Fight For Being The Largest Crocodile
- The Dinosaur with "Terrible Hands"
- Discovered more than 200 Pterosaurian Eggs
- Dinosaur Teeth With Almost Unreal Colors: Why?
- Dinosaur Sounds Unveiled: How Scientists Figured It Out In 8 Facts
- Guide - How To Identify Fossil Fakes: What You Need To Know