This gem was found in the quarry of Las Hoyas, Cuenca. We should speak shortly about that quarry, because there is still a lot to tell about it. It is a Barremian (early Cretaceous) site with an extraordinary fossil Lagerstätte. The preservation of the dinosaur fossils there is exceptional due to a series of convenient factors. It was discovered in the 80s and every summer there are organized Paleontology excavations. The hallmark of the dinosaurs found at Las Hoyas is their morphologic peculiarity, besides their excellent preservation. The name of this dinosaur gives us hints about this morphology: Concavenator corcovatus, "the hunchback...
- Discovered more than 200 Pterosaurian Eggs
- Dunkleosteus, a Nightmare Fish
- A cretaceous "swan" relative to Velociraptor
- The Devil Frog
- Theropod Teeth Morphology - KemKem Basin
- Terror Birds To Trial: Carnivores or Herbivores?
- Carcharodon Megalodon, The One Who Devoured Whales
- A New "Rainbow" Dinosaur
- The little "Joe"
- Basilosaurus: The Giant Snake.
- The Chubut Titan Without a Name
- The Yeti From 1 Million Years Ago
- The Greatest of the Raptors? Dakotaraptor
- A Terretrial Crocodile with a Lethal Smile