The picture above is a Sinornithosaurus millenii displayed in the Hong Kong Science Museum. Photo by Laikayiu. Nowadays it's not rare to see drawings or mock-ups of dinosaurs with feathers, but when the Sinornithosaurus was discovered in 1999, it was only the fifth dinosaur species which was discovered with fossilized feathers. Sinornithosaurus' fossil detail The sites in China have only grown their lists of feathered dinosaurs since then. The explanation is simple: the sediments that conserved the fossils had an exceptional quality. So much that even the finest details have been fossilized. The feathers can be studied with great detail, and the Sinornithosaurus...
One of the most odd antediluvian animals is the Camarasaur, whose fossilized rests have proven it had three brains: one in the cranial cavity, one in neck base, in the vertebra placed on the front legs, and a third one in the sacrum. The three brains were placed in A, B, and C, as depicted in the header image.So forceful was the journal Around the World in its edition of July 1920. In the article, they refer to the Camarasaurus, a longneck dinosaur just discovered. The analysis of the cranium showed that the size of its brain was "small" and they did...
No one on board expected that day, December 22, 1938, that a creature believed extinct would be taking up the ship deck. A coelacanth, a fish extinct 65 million of years ago, was captured in South African waters. The specimen was 1.5 meters long and had a weight of 50 kg. It was the only specimen known of the coelacanths' group alive. Photography of the first coelacanth This was striking news for the scientific community, because a species believed to be extinct lived in the South African seas. The surprises continued though. In 1998, a new species was discovered alive in...
- A New "Rainbow" Dinosaur
- The little "Joe"
- Jurassic Dreams collaborates in the study of a new species of Small Sized Theropod ("Raptor")
- Basilosaurus: The Giant Snake.
- The Chubut Titan Without a Name
- The Yeti From 1 Million Years Ago
- The Greatest of the Raptors? Dakotaraptor
- A Terretrial Crocodile with a Lethal Smile
- The Fight For Being The Largest Crocodile
- The Dinosaur with "Terrible Hands"
- Discovered more than 200 Pterosaurian Eggs
- Dinosaur Teeth With Almost Unreal Colors: Why?
- Dinosaur Sounds Unveiled: How Scientists Figured It Out In 8 Facts
- Guide - How To Identify Fossil Fakes: What You Need To Know